Sunday, March 25, 2007

Write It Down!

I just decided that I have to get something off my chest. There is this new trend by aspiring "servers" at restaurants. We are usually seated at our table, served our drinks, and then the server takes our order. Here's where it starts.

In the "old days," the server would just ask us what we want and write it down on their order pad. Now, in an apparent attempt to be better at their job, I often get the server who has decided that they can memorize my order. This is what bugs me!

Invariably, this "new" server always gets something wrong with my order. ALWAYS! I am NOT impressed with your memory skills. You just stress me out with you memory skills. Just write it down and get my order right ... then I'll be impressed.

There. It's off my chest. Anyone else experience this?