Monday, July 09, 2007

What I Do As A Leader

I came across a post from Tony Morgan last week that helped me reconsider (or maybe just focus on) what I do as a leader. (It was actually a recap of Craig Groeschel's session at the Buzz Conference.)

So here it is. What is it that I need to be doing as a leader? This short list really defines it well. So well, in fact, that I think I need to put up a reminder in my office so that I don't loose sight. Here they are with my own definitions...
  1. Heal the Sick - I need to help point people toward Jesus, the true Healer.
  2. Break the Rules - I need to care more about reaching people than following man’s rules.
  3. Offend the Pharisees - I need to follow God, ignore the criticism, and get over the anger.
  4. Redefine Success - I need to be less satisfied with where I am, and seek new levels of God's success (not mine) - And help others do the same.
Really, it's just following in Jesus' footsteps. Read Tony's post here.