Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hannaford Worship Center Update #2

I wrote this stuff in an email to our friend Gert, so I thought I'd pass it along...

The basic structure of the sound booth at church has not been coming together as quickly as we need, so yesterday and today I've been out of my element paneling the inside and installing kitchen counter tops as a shelf (with some help). I'm almost done, but I haven't had any chance to even "visit" my office.

I'd love to get some pictures out so I'll try to take some tomorrow.

Also, it turns out that there are still a number of things the city is requiring before we can hold worship services in there, so we will not be meeting in the Hannaford Worship Center expansion again this Sunday. We're hoping we can on the 23rd when the conference starts.

Here's one last thought I know you all will enjoy. I told everyone in our services last Sunday that if we were not in the new Worship Center next Sunday (this Sunday, September 16), I would take a pie to the face - we had just shown a video of it happening to a bunch of our youth. I'll be keeping my word, so it should be an interesting couple of services in the Fellowship Room this weekend!