One of the major holdups that I have been dealing with are the technical details. Having to order nearly everything from out-of-state has been problematic to say the least. Another holdup is sub-contractors. The work just isn't getting completed soon enough. We are now shooting to be in there next Sunday, September 26. It would be really great if we could have at least one Sunday before the conference starting on the 23rd.
Here's some updates from my vantage point:
- This week the carpet went in.
- The trusses for lighting and speakers were completed and installed.
- The floor pockets in the stage are nearly all soldered.
- The soundbooth is coming along. It's done on the outside, but needs some paneling on the inside and the counter went in today.
- Most of the wires from the ceiling, from under the stage, and from the soundbooth gather in an area behind the stage that we call "the hub." All those wires (nearly 60 connections) still need to be terminated (the ends soldered on).
- Most of the equipment has been delivered including projectors, speakers, soundboards (see photo), lightboards, and stage lighting.
- We are still waiting for video switching equipment, stage light dimmers, and various clamps to mount lighting and speakers.
- We are also waiting for the A/C, furnace, fire sprinklers, track lighting, and various electrical to be finished.
- Finally, we still have all the city inspections to take place for approval to occupy the building.