Garlington recounted the story of the angel coming to Mary in Luke. It was a message about the times when God speaks into our lives leading us to times in the "hallway of hell."
I have to to say that his presentation was unlike any message I have heard. As a very musical person himself, Garlington's entire message was "underscored" by a band - and primarily his keyboard player Clarence (props to his amazing skills). Here are some of my notes, but I am also posting the entire mp3 below:
- Words create worlds. Nothing happens in God's Kingdom without a spoken word.
- Heroes (leaders) are not born, they are cornered.
- When God speaks to you, it always sounds so good in the presentation - but it's hell in the hallway.
- When you say yes to God, He can take you anywhere.
- Nothing shall be impossible with God - No word that comes from God shall be impossible for it's fulfillment.
- When God tells you something, it will come to pass.
- If you have a miracle in your life, don't talk to people who don't believe in miracles (listen to this in context).
- Every word of God is tried ... in the hallway.