At this point, I can say I've read a number of books that have changed my life or, at the least, changed my thinking. Not everything I've read is agreeable and I've found that helpful as well. Those books help me realize what I believe as much as the one I do agree with. Every once in a while when I read a book that annoys me quite a bit, I later find that it was more "on track" than I realized - it grew on me.
With this said, you can see three selections I'm reading through right now in the sidebar. (Actually, I've also started a fourth, Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller.) Here's a list of at least six other books that are on my list to check out in the future...
- Listening to the Beliefs of Emerging Churches, edited by the recently departed Robert Webber. It contains writings from such authors as Karen Ward, Doug Pagitt, Dan Kimball, John Burke, and Mark Driscoll
- The Big Idea, by Dave Ferguson
- They Like Jesus But Not The Church, by Dan Kimball
- Design Matters: Creating Powerful Imagery for Worship, by Len Wilson and Jason Moore
- Stripped: Uncensored Grace on the Streets of Vegas, by Jud Wilhite & Bill Taaffe
- In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, by Mark Batterson