- Rule #1 - Tell them as many stories about Jesus (not your church) as you can and what he has done for people. And tell them stories that redefine any existing perceptions of him.
- Rule #2 - They don’t want all the answers; "Get me thinking, but don't tell me what to think."
- Rule #3 - Don’t ask for them for money. In fact, tell them that you don’t want their money.
- Rule #4 - Be positive. Not negative. Tell them what you stand for, rather than just what you stand against.
- Rule #5 - Pray. Pray. Pray.
- Rule #6 - Invites and web sites aren’t going to cut it by themselves. How we live our lives and embody Jesus to our friends and family is the best ‘marketing’ the church will every get.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Tell Them Stories About Jesus
I came across this over on Church Marketing Sucks. In an interview with Aussie Steve Fogg in Australia's largest Baptist church, he conveys what I thought are some really applicable rules for relating Christ to a world that is many times antagonistic toward faith. I believe these are just as applicable to American as well as Aussies.