Monday, January 28, 2008

Ask...

There are times in our lives where we face a crossroads. When we begin a new season and a choice stands before us. Hannaford now stands at that crossroads, for instance. I believe I may stand at a crossroads as well.

While some would say that we must simply do "what seems right to us" (as I heard one conference speaker share a few years ago), I disagree. I think we must ask. God knows the plans He has laid out for us and it is flat out arrogance or stupidity NOT to seek His guidance through the Holy Spirit in every step we take.

May we be diligent in surrendering to the Spirit in all our decisions ... and ASK.

This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.

-Jeremiah 6:16a