Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wake Up And Smell Christmas!

I know, I know. It's been about two weeks. Where have I been? Just busy with work and stuff.
  • We're singing Christmas Carols each Sunday through December and I've taken the initiative to re-notate all our Christmas Band Charts. I found some great new arrangements last year, but they were very busy to look at - hard to follow in a worship service environment.
  • We've also been lighting the candles in the Advent Wreath each Sunday. It's been quite a blessing to have different families or couples contribute.
  • I've been meeting and rehearsing with several musicians to prepare for some featured music.
  • Pastor John and I drive up to Great Falls on Wednesday to pick up some stage lights and also tour three different churches there. We're looking how local churches have installed stage lighting and auditorium sound.
  • Andrik's Middle School Choir had their Christmas performance a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, Kellin got lost in the auditorium and we all had a little scare. We found him, though. (Photos should be coming soon.)
  • Kellin also had his Christmas Program. I really enjoied the first grader songs. (Photos also coming soon.)
  • Tomorrow is the Children's Christmas Musical at Hannaford. Kellin has a small solo and has been doing great in practice. Andrik will be Joseph in the Youth Group's Little Drummer Boy drama skit.
  • This coming week before Christmas, I need to plan for 6 worship services. But really only three different Orders of Worship.
Well, Christmas is here!