- Vision is what distinguishes one organization from the next. Both may be great organizations. They just have unique visions.
- If you grow, eventually, someone will try to shift the vision in a different direction. That's a guarantee.
- People need to be reminded frequently of what the vision is and where you're going next.
- Sometimes you have to confront people and their agenda when it's not in line with the vision. Doesn't necessarily mean their agenda is wrong. Just means it's not your vision.
- Sometimes you have to ask a leader to step down if they can't fully support the vision. Doesn't mean they're not a good leader. Just means they're not your leader.
- The vision needs to be big enough to capture the hearts of leaders.
- The vision rarely changes, but the immediate objectives for accomplishing the vision must constantly be defined.
- Vision unifies.
Let me know your answers and responses in the comments.