Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quotable Quips - Tell Me Something I Don't Know

"Tell me something I don't know... The church ought to be the place where original thought is most prevalent. We have the Holy Spirit to illuminate us and lead us into all truth. But all too often I hear what I've heard a thousand times. So I tend to tune out. Challenge my assumptions. Violate my expectations. Shift my paradigms. The best speakers have a way of saying old things in new ways."

Mark Batterson, Lead Pastor of National Community Church< in Washington, DC, and author of In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. As quoted from his post Tell Me Something I Don't Know (April 27, 2007)

Mark really has something here. There are so many people that find church boring - and it often is. The problem is that God is NOT boring. I truly believe that it is a sin to make God and His truths boring. This is one sin the Church really needs to get past. We need to repent and find the true joy and creativity that only comes from the Creator of all things.