Saturday, May 12, 2007

Six Books I'd Like To Read

For the first 25 years of my life, I didn't spend a lot of time reading books. All that changed when I began working on my Masters. There was a lot of reading required, but what I found is that I really enjoied it - specifically books on Christian thought and leadership.

At this point, I can say I've read a number of books that have changed my life or, at the least, changed my thinking. Not everything I've read is agreeable and I've found that helpful as well. Those books help me realize what I believe as much as the one I do agree with. Every once in a while when I read a book that annoys me quite a bit, I later find that it was more "on track" than I realized - it grew on me.

With this said, you can see three selections I'm reading through right now in the sidebar. (Actually, I've also started a fourth, Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller.) Here's a list of at least six other books that are on my list to check out in the future...
With all this said about books, I can't help but acknowledge that the book that has had the greatest influence on me is the Bible, written by God himself through flawed human individuals. I would say, however, that I love this book for a reason somewhat different that you may think. I will discuss that in a later post...