Friday, June 15, 2007

I Am Tired!

I've got to tell you that I am tired. I really need a vacation and a break from ministry. Don't get me wrong. There are some great people on the worship team - I love 'em! - and I enjoy working with the guys on the leadership team. But I feel stale and tired.

You see, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like the status quo. I think we should never be satisfied in our relationship with Jesus and we should never be satisfied with our job of sharing the kingdom news of Christ. There are always lives to be impacted.

I'm also the kind of person that sees potential. We at Hannaford are seeing some great things going on - God is really moving and transforming people here, but I can see so much more. We have so much potential and we serve a God that has unlimited power.

With all that, I am so excited to have some time off. Andrea's parents will be arriving on Sunday and we have plans to visit Yellowstone and perhaps Glacier National Park. (By the way, if anyone local has a bed we can borrow for a week, we're still looking.)

In addition to having family visit, I am looking to be refreshed and energized in ministry. I'm looking forward to sharing the message on July 29 - I get to speak! I am really attentive and listening to the Spirit lately, and I sense that God has something amazing planned - for both me AND for Hannaford in the coming months!

So for now, I am tired but that's okay. Everyone needs a Sabbath - a time for rest and focus on God - and my time begins on Tuesday.