Monday, April 02, 2007

2007 Jesus Conference Highlights, Part 4

As I mentioned, I was the worship team leader for the 2007 Jesus Conference, put on by the local Promise Keepers chapter Last Chance Men of Integrity (LMCI). One of our speakers, Hobe Rash spoke on "Seeing The Vision," focusing primarily on the life of Joshua. He had some great insights on pursuing God purpose for your life. This is part 4 of a 4 part series. Click on the label PK Jesus Conference to view all the related posts.

WAIT ON GOD
  • Joshua 1:1-9, 16-18 - The number 1 thing we can do to accomplish his vision is to wait. Joshua wandered in the desert essentially waiting for people to die.
  • How do we respond to waiting? As we wait, we begin to question. Did God forget me? Maybe I misheard Him. Maybe I disappointed Him.
  • We need to focus our eyes on Him. We need to wait until WE can answer the question, "Did God forget me?"

GET GOING
  • God said, "I am going to give you the land. I will be with you. Your part is to lead my people there."
  • We love to hear about what God is going to do. Often, we become spectators and begin to talk more ABOUT God than actually doing our part. Other times, we focus on our DOING and forget about God's plan.
  • Remember that He is the vine and we are the branches. Apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5). Can I produce fruit by myself? No! I can do nothing without Him.

DON'T STOP THE FLOW, JOE
  • Hebrews 3:15 - Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in your rebellion. "Don't stop the flow, Joe. Don't say no."
  • Joshua is told over and over to "be strong and courageous." This mean for you to "be continually receiving His strength and you will be courageous." You will not be afraid of what God will do.
  • Be "full of" God. People know what you are "full of" from your own lips. "From the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks."
  • God gives us a vision to give us a purpose - SO GET MOVING! God wants you to play a critical, tactical role in the accomplishment of HIS strategic plan.