WE NEED BUDDIES
- God will prepare us for His vision by correct conflict ... and we don't need to do it alone. You don't have to look for trouble. If you are living for Christ, trouble will find you.
- Jesus prayed all night before He picked His team. Then, He selected carefully. He didn't just run out and yell, "Hey, who wants to be on my team?!!" You've got to get the right people "on the bus."
- Exodus 17:8-15 - When carrying out God's strategic plan, you need to have some buddies. Had Moses not had his team to help hold up the staffs, Joshua and his army would not have been victorious against the Amalakites - no matter how hard or skillful their fighting.The spiritual and physical work together - spiritual power and physical obedience.
TIME IN THE TENT - INTENTIONAL WORSHIP
- Life in the Kingdom is not about me. It's about HE and we. That's how God prepares us for His vision.
- God prepares us for His vision and purpose for us through intentional worship. That is coming into His presence to honor Him above everything else. It means that we are CONSUMED with Him.
- Exodus 33: 7-11 - Moses went into the tent and talked with God "as one talks with a friend." When Moses left, his servant Joshua would stay. Joshua was there too!
- Where do Joshua learn to hear from God? to offer praise? to cry out his need to God? to yield to God? If you spend time alone in the tent with God, He WILL change you as you yield to Him. This is intentional worship.
- Numbers 13:1 - The Lord said to Moses "Send men out to explore the land and report back." The men reported a land flowing with milk and honey, but there were also giants living in the land. We can't do it.
- We CAN do it, not because we are stronger or bigger than our enemy, but because GOD is bigger and stronger!
- We have 2 choices: either have faith in God's word and act on it, or we can show contempt for His word. God says "if you treat my vision with contempt, you will not live to see it come to light."