- the color we paint the church
- the kind of seating we have in our gathering place
- the coverings we have over the windows
- the style of music we play
- our expectations of non-believing visitors (we expect them to act like believers even though they are not).
If we were only half as enthusiastic, outspoken, and passionate in our worship of God as we are about the petty things, then I believe that 85% of the churches in America would not be dying and over 4,000 churches would not be closing their doors each year.
It's clear, we're passionate, all right! Only we're passionate about the wrong things.
My encouragement to you is to look past all other things and keep your gaze upon Jesus, for "Those who look to him are radiant" (Psalm 34:5a)