Sunday, July 01, 2007

Making Jesus Famous

Each one of us was created by God with a for a purpose. God said to Moses in Exodus 9:16, "I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."

God demonstrates His power in our lived every day, but we are often to busy to see it. We miss it. Sometimes we live week after week failing to recognize God working in our lives. We were created to recognize His power and to tell others about it. We were created to make Jesus famous; to make Him known in all the earth.

What if we truly grasped how famous Jesus is? The entire last book of the scriptures tells about it; "One day every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus is Lord." Our job now is to tell others how He has shown His power in our lives and to help make Jesus even more famous.

Lord Father, give us the boldness to tell the world that "Jesus is King" and to proclaim with our worship that "He alone is worthy!" Because of who You are, because of your great love and power demonstrated to us not only through salvation, but through your day-to-day speaking into our lives. We want to make Jesus famous and we will not stop until the whole world knows.

I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

Listen to Famous One sung by Chris Tomlin