- Deuteronomy 4:29 tells us to search for God with all our hearts.
- Deuteronomy 4:6-8 tells us to love God with all our hearts.
- Proverbs 3:5 tells us to trust God with all our hearts.
- Jerimiah 29:13 tells us to seek God with all our hearts.
- Zephaniah 3:14 tells us to shout for joy to the Lord and rejoice with all our hearts.
When Jesus gave everything on the cross to demonstrate His victory over sin and death, it was not a half-hearted sacrifice. He put it all on the line for our sins to be forgiven - for us to receive an abundant life now and an eternal hope for the future.
For our response then, let us not offer half-hearted worship to God. Instead, let us give everything we are in return. Let us seek His face. Let us learn how to love Him, to trust Him, and to rejoice in Him. Let us praise Him with lofty words, with boisterous singing, and with lives that are recklessly abandoned to Him.
He is an awesome God and Savior and He deserves our wholehearted worship.